CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

WELCOME TO MOMMA ME!!!


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Never Jinx the sleeping Bubba

            So, for the past few months our new baby boy has not been TOO difficult. Bubba took to the bottle easy, likes his pacifiers (but doesn't NEED it 24/7), and always laughs and smiles. This week he will be 4 months and we still aren't sleeping throughout the night. Last night had to be the most difficult. Let's begin when I was at work,  shall we.....

              I looked at my computer and realize it's 1:30 p.m. and I still haven't eaten lunch. I rau out the front door, jump in my car, and grab the infamous Taco Bell. After I eat and get back to work, I look at the clock and realize it's past 3:30 p.m. and I was suppose to meet my lovely mother at 4:15 p.m. across town. So, I speed to Oak Park and meet my mom at the cleaners to find Parker sleeping soundly in his car seat looking like the little angel he is. My mom said that he was innocent, laughing, and just enjoying the day.   ~~~Today is the day I want to say THANK YOU (again) to my mom for watching my precious little man and giving me a break sometimes.~~~



               But, I had no idea that my life was going to spin into a tornado later that evening. And YES, I am poor Dorothy stuck in the tornado with toto. AND YES I would have to say that my new baby is the tornado. (This is a metaphor moms, I love my boy to death)


              Here is a quick overview... Aaron and I have gotten Parker on a sleeping pattern so he has his last bedtime bottle around 8:30 (with our secret ingredient a tiny scoop of rice cereal to keep him full throughout the night). Around 9 he is out cold and lets Momma and Daddy have their alone time. Well, I am of course finally having sometime to myself, so I begin working on "Momma Me". I glance up to find that it is almost 11:00 p.m. WHAT!!! I have to be awake in 7 hours, are you kidding me? In Momma time that means between 5-6 hours of sleep. This is because I will wake up at 4 am for a bottle and diaper change. Then I'm back in bed around 4:30 and have to be up in about an hour.

                                                     Here is where it all began.... @ 9 p.m.



                            (I should have known when I saw this face, it's the "I'm so innocent face")
          So, me and the hubby are off to bed, sleeping finally after a long night. Sometimes Parker gets sooooo tired that he begins to be fussy for about an hour and then falls asleep. Every position I put him in is the wrong position, every move I make he whimpers, so I just have to stand there holding this 15 pound butter ball. AND he likes to sit there sucking on my shoulder letting spit up, drool, and whatever slowly make it's way down my back. Finally after "shhing" for a solid 30 minutes, when my arm is literally about to give out, he goes to sleep.

        My eyes begin to open and I look for the clock wondering when the hubby is getting up to feed Parker because it's his night on the "baby shifts". WHAT!!!!!! It's only 1:00a.m. and Parker is wide awake in his crib wanting his bottle. WHAT?????? Now, keep in mind he sits there for a while "cooing" to wake us up and by the time we get to him & change his diaper, that innocent face has turned into the "FEED ME!!!!!" face. (To show you I'm not exaggerating, please see the sweet picture below...)


          So, now both Momma and Daddy are awake VERY annoyed. In these moments, I refer to Bubba by his full name, Parker Osten, because I am an upset mom that didn't get her beauty rest. Now, I am wide awake, watching the clock at 1 a.m., tossing and turning until about 3 a.m. As I open my eyes to let out a sigh of aggravation because I have to be awake in 3 hours, my hubby beat me to the punch. Yet, his sigh was more of a question, "WHY ME????" Right when we begin to fall asleep Parker Osten wakes up again and we are in and out of sleep until 6:30 a.m. I  just decide to get up and go to work early, so I can try to leave early (to never experience this day again).

          My poor hubby should be awarded the "BEST DAD FOR A LIFETIME!" award because he knew I had to wake up early, so he took our crying baby into the nursery and slept on A 4 ft. couch (FYI my hubby is about 6'6"). When I came out of the bathroom and walked downstairs my two boys are back fast asleep and the house is finally in silence.


          So, the moral of this long and sleepless story is.... Don't ever jinx your sleeping baby. The first night he slept the whole night I told everyone I knew, posted update after update on my facebook status praising the heavens, thinking that I was finally free but that was only one night. You have to train them to sleep the full night, unless your one of those so-called "lucky moms" who's baby decides to sleep the full night only after 4 weeks. Just always remember that the day will come, rather if it is sooner or later, but one day your baby will sleep. Just remember to be patient.


Off to another day of work, exhausted and wanting to cry, but I still count my blessings and love having my two boys. I will let you know when I begin sleeping thru the night and when I start to be myself again. ~ Momma ME

0 comments:

Post a Comment