CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

WELCOME TO MOMMA ME!!!


Monday, August 9, 2010

Lesson Learned





Ever since Parker was born,
the flowers have a sweeter aroma...
every color seems more vibrant...
AND being a Mom comes first!









There have only been a hand full of times
I have heard Parker cry in pain,
the cry that is best described as heart breaking,
it's silent and filled with fear.

This cry causes his eyes to fill with tears 
& quickly stream down his cheeks.
This is the cry when Parker only wants his momma,
to hold him & make everything all better. 


But, today was different...
today I couldn't be there.

 Parker's had his 4 month check-up.



I usually take Parker to these doctor visits,
but I couldn't leave work today.
Today was daddy's turn to wipe the tears.






We just found out that he weighs 18 pounds,
measures over 28 inches long, & he already wears 12 month old clothes.

HE'S ONLY 18 WEEKS OLD!!!
He is definetly going to take after his 6'6" father.



BACK TO THE STORY... 

 Here's a glimpse of what happens 
when I take Parker to the Doctor... 
(I could only imagine how Mr. Wright felt today)

Parker LOVES his pediatrician, aka Dr. McFunny
Every time he enters the room 
Parker's smile grows bigger from ear to ear
 and with every visit.







When we visit our doctor Parker gets 
weighed, measured, and poked at.
When the nurse enters the 
room with needles, silence slowly fills the air.


~Here's a pic my little man from one of his appointments~






OK I have confession... 
I have a phobia of needles!

 If it was my choice,
 we would never get shots.
But Parker is a growing boy that needs them.
All I can do is turn my head when they bring 
in the needles and hold him when it's over.

At this moment,
everyone in the office (in a 5 mile radius)
 can hear the infamous "CRY".
It is best described as silence and 
pierces your heart.
This cry sounds like the concepts of pain
 & fear were just created.

Once he is pricked with the needle
this scream fills every inch of emptiness 
in the room.
AND when the nurse finishes up, 
I scoop him up with my arms and hug him 
as tight I can.









Once he's in my arms and feeling loved,
his tears slowly run dry.
The cry begins to fades into a whimper, 
& his tiny grip lightens around my arms.
Then his face slowly lifts up from 
hiding in my neck and i begin crying with him.
(It's just one big crying hot mess)



It feels like yesterday we were on our first date and 
we fell in love.
It feels like it was yesterday when we were living
 in San Francisco and writing our version of the book of life.
 It's all history after that. 




TODAY'S LESSON:

I can't always be there for my kids, 
but I will try my best.   
But, today was Daddy's turn to comfort the tears. We both will teach Parker about different lessons what we have learned in our lives. 
So, I need to keep reminding myself
 that sometimes Parker will only want his Daddy!


HERE IS TO THE MOST AMAZING 
FATHER OUT THERE.
I KNOW I DONT SAY IT ENOUGH & NEVER GETS OLD, 
 YOU ARE VERY APPRECIATED 
AND LOVED.




RESULTS FROM TODAY'S CHECK UP:
(We finally can begin solids since Parker is growing up too quickly)

First, we will begin with simple rice cearel.
Then the next week we are suppose to add 
pureed single veggies to the menu.
AND finally the third week is fruit
and whatever combinations are his favorite.
(REMEBER to feed him only one specific food at a time 
for 3-5 days. Then you can add one more and so on...
I can't wait to see what he does and take video)

***FYI Tip # 1: We add a small scoop of rice cearel into the bedtime bottle. (Ingredients: 8 ounces of H20, 4 scoops of formula, & a scoop of cerael)
Tip #2: Make your own baby food, which will also save on spending. I will have a tutorial next week on how to make your own baby food.  ***




0 comments:

Post a Comment